Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Donner Haiku

Composed between 20:58:01 and 21:08:12 Tue June 9 2009



From this money, I
came into possession of
civilization.



Horses were grazing
on their way up, saying they
had endured. For her.



She kissed me and said
that she could not keep my feet
almost maddening.



He had promised to
care for their little daughter
who had been cut up.



Then I laid out my
treasured keepsakes. Each cow wore
a shawl, departed.



She had left us, let
me take him, jerked it off, with
their silks and grumbled.



I fancied grandma
would be ever ready for
the good indians.



Elliot soon starved
to death. Mrs. Brunner, told
him who should occur.


While the pines, and the
grave, for Mrs. Eddy lay
near the settlement.



All were anxious to
meet him part way down the walk,
and in that dungeon.


Texts:
Eliza Poor Donner Houghton, The Expedition of the Donner Party and its Tragic Fate

No comments:

Post a Comment