Monday, June 29, 2009

Free Grass (20 Haikus)


In a dream, Lawrence Lessig's Free Culture and Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass were made one! Here are the prophetic copyright fruits of my Sunday morning.

Sun Jun 28 10:32:55 2009 through Sun Jun 28 12:32:37 2009

O my brothers and
Warner Brothers, and the Marx
Brothers and sisters.



I find it very
hard disk. O to disengage
myself from my life.



Land of content that
fills me, the soul of me now
for distribution.



O to return to
paradise! O songs of life
now full of content.



I don't care whether
my students respect the law
they syndicated.



I love the wind with
girlish laughter, the Wayback
Machine is perfect.



O pulse of lonesome
love! Shapes of the computer
will not sing with us!



The flesh over and
over again, different
colors, races, dead.



Ah to sing of the
spray. The United States in
thee ejaculate!



This is a machine:
increasingly, the system
could be a list, great!



I don't think about
literacy. Land of the
justification.



Mark the inception
of copyright. Launched in dreams,
all of property.



The mania of
Americans, they do not
know what is enough.



How many people
rage, western youths, so vague and
yet so certain, too.



The young men! They do
not understand, but I too
love like the armies.



Rise up and gone and
done something unseen, with no
copying, Vista!



Land of values. I
do care whether my students
respect the market.



My face is access,
not permissions. I could be
hypocritical.



Worse yet, even as
I am rapt with love I fill
myself with soldiers.



Yes my enemies,
aware of the body and
mind, how will we live?



Texts:
Lawrence Lessig, Free Culture
Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

2 comments: