Monday, April 20, 2009

Regarding Authorial Knowledge of Source Texts Used in Gnoetry

A few weeks ago, I found this discussion on Grand Text Auto concerning my knowledge (or my deliberate ignorance) of Heart of Darkness during the composition of a light heart, its black thoughts. You can read the thread for yourself (I posted my own response in the comment stream), but I thought it was worth hearing what your thoughts were on this issue of source text knowledge.

I'm deliberately using several sources in combination now, with little intent to make any intertextual statement. Is this merely an issue of authorial intent (and the number of sources being used), or should a gnoet be more aware of the original texts that are being combined/re-written/recycled with Gnoetry?

No comments:

Post a Comment