Monday, April 27, 2009

The Same - The Project is Taking Form

I've written three of "The Same" poems now using the three original input texts. I've tried to use a few different texts, mixing them in with the three I started with, but the results were not promising. I'll just stick to Darwin, Dostoyevsky and Verne. I'm including here the Gnoetry output along with an image of the form I've chosen for it after formatting it in OpenOffice. I've chosen to replace all punctuation with hovering dots (not sure what they're called). It matches the movement I want the poem to have on the page as well as when read out loud.

I'm still eschewing pronouns with this series.

Let me know what you think.

______________

The Same (The Weight)

Sat Apr 25 14:41:20 2009

The head, regardless of the island, is
asserted, long before the island, with
the order of domestication. With
the rest. The real, between the species of
the forms, protected as the birds in weight.
The air, the struggle for convenience. And
in weight. The truth. The facts in weight. Result:
a man accustomed to the present day.

The air, in rubbing, greasing, and the air
in expectation of degrees, a truce
between the air projected works. Perhaps,
transposed. In three existing birds. In all
relations. Hybrids, with the wind, traversed
the double cord, a thousand serfs. Perhaps
the inundation. For the mercy is
a thing, between the three existing birds.

The year. In man's productions; everywhere
the last in an extreme exhaustion now
explained, accumulated, lay in weight.
The future, their desire to begin.
The currents of the neck. The chimneys and
the beach in motion. There were many means.
The only explanation of the air
in this condition, and in such a year.



Texts:
Jules Verne, The Mysterious Island
Feodor Dostoevsky, Notes from the Underground
Charles Darwin, On the Origin of Species

______________


1 comment:

  1. I like the production system you are conducting; and the final format, in highlighting small syntactic units, helps bring out a sonic dimension to the language. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete