Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tue Apr 28 21:37:18 2009 (Our Girlish)

The lamp. I should
hope so, all our
girlish secrets.
One old frump that
must have thought he was
going to have a
lady I
let go the
other day that
is the life
of it. The head
of mirrors.


Statistically Analyzed Texts:
T.S. Eliot, Poems
Kenneth McGaffey, The Sorrows of a Show Girl

For this continuing series, I've been pairing Eliot's Collected Poems with another single text to create 12-line poems, each line 3-5 syllables long. This one's almost too prosaic, but shows off the remarkable grammatical continuity the software is capable of.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of keeping one source text constant and bringing in revolving "partner" sources. I really like the disjunct syntax of lines 6-11, and also the punctuating effect of that last sentence that follows.

    ReplyDelete